1. It is unlawful to posses any Bog Turtle, Wood Turtle or Diamondback Terrapin or more than one Eastern Box or Spotted Turtles.
2. No one shall possess more than 30 wild caught Snapping Turtles. The is no limit on legally obtained captive bread Snappers.
3. Any turtle shipped (imported) into Connecticut, requires a permit from the DEP.
TAKING FROM THE WILD
1. No open season for taking bog turtles, wood turtles, DBTs, and eastern box turtles.
2. Either a fishing or trapping license is required to take Snappers with a minimum SCL of 13″. The daily bag is 5 and the seasonal bag limit 30. Open season is July 15 through September 30.
3. Wild turtle nests may not be disturbed and no eggs may be taken
1. No turtle under 4″ or any gravid turtle may be sold
2. Persons selling legal turtles must post a salmonella warning, supply a copy of the warning and a care sheet specific to the species with the sale and receive a signed acknowledgement from the buyer.
3. Only captive bred turtles may be sold. Seller must retain proof of CB .