1. Possession of any one species is limited to 5
2. Unlawful to possess Alligator Snapper or Northern Map Turtles
3. Unless and except as permitted by law or rules and regulations it is unlawful for any person to:
(a) possess, any wildlife, dead or alive, at any time or in any number, in this state
(b) purchase, sell, exchange, ship or offer for sale, exchange or shipment any wildlife in this state
4. Common Snappers and Softshells have a possession limit of 24, individual or in combination.
5. Wildlife species which are non-migratory and are not native or indigenous to Kansas, or do not presently exist in Kansas as an established wild population, may be imported, possessed, sold, offered for sale or purchased, provided the exotic wildlife was legally captured, raised, exported, possessed, sold or purchased or any combination of these activities in its place of origin. Such wildlife shall be confined or controlled at all times and shall not be released onto the lands or into the waters of this state.
TAKING FROM THE WILD
1. Common snapping turtles and soft-shelled turtles may be taken year-round. Daily creel limit is eight, single species or in combination. Possession limit is three creel limits. A valid fishing license is required (unless exempt). Legal equipment: hand, hook and line, setline, hand dip net, seine, turtle trap, or gig.
2. Unless and except as permitted by law or rules and regulations it is unlawful for any person to:
(a) Hunt, fish, or take any wildlife in this state by any means or manner;
(b) take any wildlife in this state for sale, exchange or other commercial purposes;
(c) possess any seine, trammel net, hoop net, fyke net, fish gig, fish spear, fish trap or other device, contrivance or material for the purpose of taking wildlife
1. It is unlawful for any person to take any wildlife in this state for sale, exchange or other commercial purposes