1. It is unlawful to possess any Bog Turtle, Eastern Mud Turtle, Redbelly Turtle, Blanding’s Turtle, Eastern Box Turtle, Spotted Turtle or Wood Turtle
2. It is unlawful to possess more than one Eastern Musk Turtle, Eastern Painted Turtle, Eastern Spiny Softshell, Map Turtle or Midland Painted Turtle.
3. It is unlawful to possess more than 30 Snapping Turtles
4. It is unlawful for any person to possess, purchase or receive a non-indigenous or exotic reptile, without first securing a permit. The commission may issue a permit to a person to possess a non-indigenous or exotic reptile which shall authorize the holder to purchase, receive or possess a non-indigenous or exotic reptile from any lawful source from within or without this Commonwealth.
5. It is unlawful to release a non-indigenous or exotic reptile into the wild
TAKING FROM THE WILD
1. A fishing license is required to catch or take reptiles from the lands and waters of the Commonwealth
2. It is unlawful to take, catch, kill or possess for the purposes of selling or offering for sale, importing or exporting for consideration, trading or bartering or purchasing an amphibian or reptile whether dead or alive, in whole or in parts, including the eggs or any life stage that was taken from lands or waters within this Commonwealth. Common Snapping Turtles may be taken for sale with a permit.
3. The following native reptile and amphibian species have no closed season. The daily limit is 1 and the possession limit is 1: Eastern Musk Turtle, Eastern Painted Turtle, Eastern Spiny Softshell, Map Turtle or Midland Painted Turtles
4. Reptiles may only be taken by hand, hook, snake tongs, turtle hooks, traps and nets less than four feet square or four feet in diameter.
5. It is unlawful to damage or disrupt the nest or eggs of a reptile or to gather, take or possess the eggs of any reptile
6. Snapping Turtles may only be taken from July 1 – October 31
1. A Non-indigenous or exotic reptile or amphibian dealer permit is required for a person to engage in the commercial dealing of non-indigenous or exotic reptiles.