1. All reptiles (excluding any that are endangered or threatened), may be imported, possessed, confined and/or transported without securing a permit as long as they are held in compliance with appropriate Commission regulations and Wyoming Statutes
2. It is unlawful to release any reptile into the wild
3. The Ornate Box Turtle Terrapene ornata ornata is state protected.
TAKING FROM THE WILD
1. The Common Snapping Turtle Chelydra serpentina serpentina, Western Painted Turtle Chrysemys picta belli and Western Spiny Softshell Trionyx spiniferus hartwegi may be taken during the calendar year without securing a permit.
2. The Ornate Box Turtle Terrapene ornata ornata may not be taken
3. We were unable to locate any regulations as to bag or possession limits
1. No person shall take nongame wildlife for commercial use